Friday, May 4, 2012

February 2012

Most of our January was spent in limbo. Ellie and I pretty much moved in with Becky because our house was lonely and we wanted to spend as much time with them as we could. Dan started his job January 3rd but Ellie and I didn't move out there to be with him until the last week of January... although I did make a trip out to help pick out our house. Dan was staying in a very small studio apartment and when Ellie and I finally came out we really filled that place up! There was just room for a pack and play. We did alright for a few days but I was sure glad when we finally closed on our house!
The day before we closed we made a visit to make sure everything was in order. It was Ellie's first time at the house and the first thing she did was run straight to this bedroom and run around in circles. She knew exactly which room was going to be hers!
We closed on Monday February 6th but our movers were a few days behind so we spent our first night in sleeping bags. Good thing Dan thought to bring the camping stuff ahead of time!


And then the unpacking began. I was lucky to have a little helper! She loved to take everything out of the boxes and then turn them on their sides. I was always finding all sorts of toys that she was hiding away for later. She loves a good hiding place.


We were able to get most everything unpacked by Valentines Day. Here is my little Valentine!


And my sweet Danny made me some Valentines Day cookies. I think he enjoyed cooking in our new kitchen. I will have him do more of it :)



Near the end of February we were lucky enough to have some very special visitors. Mom, Becky, Robin, and Kaitlyn all came out to visit us and help get my home in shape. We spent days shopping and shopping and organizing and rearranging.... and shopping. By the end even Mom was tired of shopping :)


We took a break on Sunday to go visit Nauvoo. Dan and I are now about an hour and a half away from Nauvoo. It is pretty neat and because there isn't a huge LDS population around here we are actually in the Nauvoo Stake. It was pretty neat attending Stake Conference in Nauvoo. We are looking forward to this summer when tourist season kicks up and we can see more of the attractions and attend the Nauvoo Pageant.
This is me and Ellie in front of our new temple.


However it was still only February when we went out to visit so it was pretty cold. Elisabeth got to snuggle up in her blankie to stay warm. But she wouldn't stay in her stroller for long.


She loved this horsey statue. I love this picture because of the coat she is wearing. My mom got this coat when Becky was Ellie's age. She wore it, I wore it, Robin wore it and Becky's girls wore it and now my little Ellie gets to wear it. It is still in perfect condition and I love having this special treasure for a short time.


There are some good looking ladies strolling around Nauvoo... when it was really really cold.


When we got back to my house we went for our favorite Sunday night tradition. Tapioca night! We all ate so much Tapioca. It is our very favorite snack ever.... and there might have been some Gilmore Girls as well :)


They day they left we all went down to St. Louis to visit the Gateway Arch. We all went up the arch and had a fun time learning more about St. Louis.


I love this picture of Grandma and Ellie. I put it up in her room so she can see everyday what a beautiful Grandma she has!


This was outside the arch right before they all left me. I am so grateful they were able to come out and help me so much! Hopefully we can have another fun trip together soon!


When February started feeling a little warmer we ventured outside to explore some of the neighborhood around us. We are a short walking distance from this beautiful lake on the golf course. Ellie loves to go find golf balls and if I let her she would love to go running into the lake. We really do live in a very beautiful area and as the trees have bloomed and Spring is here it is prettier than ever.




Ellie likes her time outside and never likes to leave the lake. I guess we all know how hard it is to leave a good thing. I sure love this sassy little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment